The WAAT project will provide knowledge and skills to produce short films which are used to educate adults about values of cultural heritage in different European countries. The project achieves this through self-made video productions. Furthermore, these films should add to the exchange of heritage values and promote contact in a sustainable way.
Rather than documenting objects, these films are a means of contact and ongoing exchange of heritage values and narratives. Key to this project is a notion of valuation and understanding of heritage as a dynamic of identification and belonging. Therefore, exploring this understanding of heritage is essential for the next steps in this project.
The material tested during the training will indicate final corrections of the IOs products.
Also the goal of this training activity is sharing the knowledge about digital stories making and audience engagement using digital channels. Through the training, the participants will learn principles of video creation (aesthetics, design, artistic expression, use of media technologies and tools in visual communication) as well as testing IOs products, tools made of the WAAT project. The training and discussion material will be included in training material and used in production of digital movies/stories in the WATT framework
This course will address the following topics through lectures, discussions, examples and practical exercises:
● How to produce digital short stories (e.g. films/animations/visualizations) for education. Standards related to film production.
● Watching exemplary films.
● How to select the subject for filming?
● How to write a script?
● Camera shooting and lightning. Sound recording. Film titles and animations.
● Film editing.
● Resources for filming available on the web. Copyright issues.
● Adapting information to IOs of WAAT as well as testing the products and evaluating.
● Formulating the lasting positive effects of the project on society.
● Understanding basic elements of film production.
● Learning how to write a script, how to shoot and light a film, how to record a sound for film, how to create film titles and animations, as well as how to edit a film.
● Testing IOs created during the period of time of the project.
● Evaluating IOs for further actions.
● Exploring the resources for filming available on the web.
● Understanding standards and copyright issues related to film production.
Partners’ arrivals to Zagreb, meeting at greeting.
28thof September 2021- Day 1 (of C2)
09.00 - Opening and introduction
Program will be led by assistant professor Mirko Duić, from the Deportment of information studies from the University of Zadar (https://scholar.google.hr/citations?user=XLC-3tAAAAAJ&hl=en)
09.30 - How to produce digital short stories (e.g. films/animations/visualizations) for education. Standards related to film production.
10.30 - Watching exemplary films. Discussion.
12.00 - Lunch
13.00 - How to select the subject for filming.
13.30 - How to write a script. Assignment: Script writing and presentation of results.
15.00 Introduction to film editing.
16.00 End of Day 1
29st September 2021 – Day 2
Program will be led by assistant professor Mirko Duić, from the Department of information studies from the University of Zadar (https://scholar.google.hr/citations?user=XLC-3tAAAAAJ&hl=en)
09.00 Introduction to camera shooting and lightning. Introduction to sound recording. Film titles and animations.
11.00 Assignment: Shooting film scenes (1) ; testing the “WAAT guide for educators”
12.00 Lunch Break
13.00 Assignment: Shooting film scenes (2); testing the “WAAT guide for educators”
16.00 End of Day 2
30thSeptember 2021 – Day 3
Film editing will be led by assistant professor Mirko Duić, from the Department of information studies from the University of Zadar and testing of “WAAT guide for educators” will be led by ICARUS team
09.00 Film editing workshop (1); testing the “WAAT guide for educators”
13.00 Resources for filming available on the web. Copyright issues.
14.00 Film editing workshop (2); testing the “WAAT guide for educators”
15.00 Visit to GLAM institutions in the City center (organized by ICARUS HR) – Hrvatski muzej naivne umjetnosti / Croatian Museum of Naïve Art and Državni arhiv u Zagrebu / State Archives in Zagreb
17.00 End of Day 3
1st of October, 2021 Day -4
9.00 Presentation of the shooting day and final film.
11.00 Uploading film to the WAAT Digital platform; testing platform
13. 00 lunch
14. 00 Discussion and conclusions. Taking notes of changes must be done for the IOs further developments.
16.00 Evaluation, conclusions.
17.00 The end.
2nd of October, 2021 Day -5 going home, travel day.
Introductory notes for LTT2 participants:
In order to prepare for LTT2 program please install at your laptop following programs:
- VideoPad Video Editor - https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/vpsetup.exe
- Gimp - https://www.gimp.org/downloads/
Also, in order to prepare for the filming process, think about the heritage object or theme of your interest and possible presentations and stories connected to it.